Later Generations Reflecting on Christ's Birth: Song #27 "I Wonder as I Wander"

Later generations reflecting on Christ's birth.
These final songs occur centuries after Christ. They look back on His birth, why He came, and contemplate what we can do now to remember Him.

Song #27 "I Wonder as I Wander"

The composer of this song, John Jacob Niles, heard a melody and a few lines from a girl singing on the street for a quarter per song. He transcribed it and turned it into the song we know today. 


"I wonder as I wander out under the sky how Jesus the Savior did come for to die for poor ordinary people like you and like I wonder as I wander out under the sky.

When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall, with wise men and farmers and shepherds and all. But high from God's heaven a star's light did fall, and the promise of ages it then did recall.

If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing, a star in the sky, or a bird on the wing, or all of God's angels in heav'n for to sing, He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King.

Mosiah 3:5-10
Moroni 9:25-26

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prophecies of Christ: Song #3 "Lo How a Rose Ere Blooming"

Prophecies of Christ: Song #1 "Exultate, Jubilate"

Prophecies of Christ: Song #2 "Alleluia" (from "Exultate, Jubilate")